Sartorial Zoo




My friend Adrien here in Richmond, VA and her friend Marianne in Knoxville, TN (whose project Looks Good from The Back was previously featured on this site) have created a new daily project together called Sartorial Zoo...


Why did you decide to do this project?

A: We did an entry on our style blog where we matched up street style photos with baby animal dopplegangers (which is surprisingly easy) and it was so much fun that it seemed like a project we should keep doing.

M: It's like we say in our tagline: Street style meets baby animals. Because duh. Fashion is notorious for taking itself too seriously, and baby animals are (mostly) cute. It's a win-win.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?

A: When the ZooBorns blog updates with new photos my first thought isn't, "Awww, baby sloth!" it's "Ooooh, that looks like the Sartorialist on a bad day." And I laugh. A lot.

M: I will send Adrien photos on a regular basis where I'm like, look at the giraffe's EYES! Or, I think the penguin needs to have it's mouth open. It's just ridiculous, and don't we all need a little ridiculous in our lives?

See all of their fashion/zoo mash-ups HERE.

1 comment:

mim said...

What a cool idea. Love the collaboration. These images make me laugh.