365 Self Portraits on My iPad

Carol Bonomo in Southern California is creating 365 Self Portraits on My iPad...



Why did you decide to do this project? I wanted to see how many ways I could change a photograph using ipad filters and effects.  With the exception of a few somewhere in the middle of the project (where I used software programs on my laptop), I managed to come up with different takes on my same old self.  It was cheaper than buying 365 new outfits.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am an enthusiast who can tackle new things with ease and excitement.  My "sticking with it" skills, however, are not nearly so good.  It never occurred to me that I would actually stick to something every day for 365 days.  Now that I'm two weeks from completion, I just might do it!  You have to think if you can take 365 self portraits (and not throw up seeing your tired old face and every tick and drool and droopy eyelid every day on your blog) and come up with something/anything "artistic" to do with the shot... well, what else could you do and stick with now?  I recently loaded several painting apps on my ipad.  I just might become a 365 ipad painter next.



See all of Carol's portraits HERE.



3 comments:

mim said...

These are wonderful. What a terrific project.

Filicia said...

I cant't find her blog, maybe it's a wrong link?

Noah said...

Sadly it appears that her blog is no longer online.