What's On My Table Today

Ana Belchí in Valencia, Spain is sharing a picture of her work daily in her project What's on my table today.



She explains, "The only self-imposed rule is to take a photo every day, no matter the time; or if the work is finished; or if I'm in the studio, at home or on the road lecturing. At the end of the year I will ride a video with them all. And we can see how my work change over time or if I work in a different way depending on the season. Or if my own style evolved over short or long period."



Why did you decide to do this project? This is something that commits yourself to work every day. When you work as a freelancer in a creative job is really easy to procrastinate and lie yourself saying things like "Oh I'm in creative storm now and I can't sit in front of my table to work'". I have a Picasso quote "Inspiration exists must it has to find you working" all the time in my mind so take a picture every day helps a lot to avoid laziness.

On the other hand it is something that allow you to understand the way you work. If your process is organized or anarchic. Or if you focus on one project from the beginning to the end. At the end it could help to analyze the way you work.

Besides My job is also teach is something I propose to my student to help them to improve their creativity. Some of them have joined to the project also.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? The project is now in its third part, and I can feel that something has changed in my way of working.

I feel excited to decide what time is most important in my day or what is most representative.

I notice that I'm [prone] to procrastinate, so this is improving my desire to be sitting in my workbench. I take long work days and I have to programs some alarms on my mobile to remember that I have to eat or pick my son from the school. So I'm meeting again with my inner passion.

My creativity has grown also, and I have a lot new ideas that born while I'm working

I also realize that some of my students are more confident with their work.

I appreciate the feedback I have from the social network. I realize from the very first step if a new collection works or not. Before doing this I worked in a full collection and show when it was completely finished. Now I can dismiss or modify and idea depending of the feedback I get.

At the beginning of the project I was always focused on the final video. That was the goal, but now this feeling has change I don't care about the final "product" I'm enjoying the road.


See all of Ana's work HERE

No comments: